Legendary Foods Ltd. is a company dedicated to the sustainable practice of farming edible insects. With a farm in Kumasi, Ghana, Legendary Foods seeks to farm locally desired insects as a way to address food insecurity. Legendary Foods farms the palm weevil larva, a local delicacy that has been traditionally harvested. Legendary Foods seeks to rapidly scale its production, co-develop packaged products, take advantage of export opportunities to other West African countries and to advance research on the palm weevil larvae while building a conscious company.
Position: Sales Manager
Location: Kumasi, Ghana
Start Date: As soon as possible
Role description: Legendary is looking for a passionate individual to lead the organization’s sales function, drive sales growth, direct sales strategy, manage the sales team and be a business leader in the organization.
- Responsible to design, execute, monitor and adapt sales strategy
- Assess and implement methodology to increase B2B sales
- Identifying new sales channels and developing distribution strategies for local and international markets + identifying gaps or areas of improvement in current sales channels
- Work with business analyst to extract meaningful sales data for strategic purposes
- Establishes volume and revenue goals to maximize profitability for the Company.
- Managing products pricing.
- Monitors reports on sales performance vs. budget.
Engage in Active Selling
- Pitch products to businesses and potential customers.
- Strategically identifying potential B2B clients to grow small to large business accounts through initiating and closing the sales on products
- Maintaining a professional network of potential clients/customers and business opportunities.
- Generate sales by prospecting leads, cold calling and negotiating advantageous deals.
Planning of Marketing Events & Marketing Activities
- Preparing and communicating product promotions and special sales to customers.
- Strategize and execute well thought out targeted marketing plans and promotional activities to increase product exposure, customer traffic and sales.
- Collaborate with retailers to strengthen product exposure with optimal locations, shelf positions and signage.
- Prospecting new opportunities by identifying promising advertising campaigns and negotiating deals
Manage Customers + Customer Feedback
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Liaising with field sales, retailers and wholesalers to understand product requirements and limitations
Team & Inventory Management
- Boost team morale and overall sales volume by creating employee incentive programs and bonuses.
- Supporting all sales team members to drive growth and development.
- Supervising, optimizing and adapting current field and farmgate field sales strategies ● Developing monthly sales targets for team players.
- Monitors and measures workload of sales staff to ensure the best process is in place.
- Manage and participate in inventory control for the purposes of theft control, food safety and to optimize profitability
- Additional responsibilities upon request.
- Candidate should be adaptable and flexible with the understanding that Legendary Foods is a quickly growing company and it is a start-up environment.
- Customer Relationships, Customer Retention, Market Research.
- Ability to multi-task (not in a given moment but over days and weeks), prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Proven customer support experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to pivot & adapt, mobilize resources quickly
- Driven by results and sales
- Must be willing to move around and travel to hot and congested areas ● High level of integrity
Reports to: CEO
Supported by: sales team, business analyst, accounting team & product development
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience. Compensation will be part base + part bonus based on targets. Health insurance available after probation period ends.
How To Apply
Send an email to [email protected] with title: “Sales Manager”
Email should include your CV and a cover letter. The cover letter should highlight your sales experience & sales leadership experience.