Danaher Corporation is an ~$20 billion company that designs, manufactures and markets products and services with strong brand names, proprietary technologies and major market positions. Driven by strong core values and a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher’s associates are pursuing a focused strategy aimed at creating a Premier Global Enterprise.
Danaher operates globally with about 50% of its revenues derived from outside the United States. The Company has significant operating businesses headquartered in Europe and has greatly expanded its operating presence in Asia over the past several years. Danaher is a well-capitalized business, which has historically used available cash flow to fund acquisition activity. Our consistent success is the direct result of our people and the Danaher Business System (DBS). DBS has evolved from a collection of manufacturing improvement tools into a philosophy, set of values and series of management processes that collectively define who we are and how we do what we do. Today, our DBS tools are designed to help us excel in areas of GROWTH, LEADERSHIP and LEAN.
Job Title: West Africa Channel Partner Manager
WATER QUALITY PLATFORM
Danaher’s Water Quality (‘WQ”) Platform is part of the Environmental & Applied Solutions reporting segment and is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including Hach, Trojan Technologies, McCrometer and ChemTreat. WQ MEA has sales offices in Dubai and South Africa.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION : At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Channel Partner Manager will be responsible for building a team that will drive successful performance through the channel partners in an increasingly competitive and challenging marketplace. This is a high-profile role and West Africa is an important market for Hach.
- Developing a Channel Partners strategy in accordance with company business strategy.
- Defining, maintaining, refreshing, and explaining Channel Partners related processes, SOPs etc.
- Recruiting and filtering new Channel Partners; Terminating existing Channel Partners
- Handle Channel Partners’ routine management (distribution agreement, compliance, credit control etc.) in cooperation with other functions.
- Consolidating Channel Partners’ periodical reporting
- Together with BU, Finance in defining the Channel Partner pricing and management.
- Handling the Channel Partners’ performance management: ensuring delivery of annual targets, scorecard, sell-through, RACI, forecasting etc.
- Handling Channel Partners’ channel conflicts management: project registration, arbitration etc.
- Overseeing Channel Partners’ training and development plan and implementation
- Together with marketing, supporting Channel Partners’ marketing activities, and sales tools.
- Together with Service, building CPs’ service capability.
- Embedding new type of channels’ assessment and cooperation building: 2nd tier channel, Engineering Company, operating company, etc.
- Receiving Channel Partners’ complaints and coordinating internally to resolve
- Maintaining frequent interaction with the Channel Partners’ management team
- Any other responsibilities assigned as appropriate.
The Channel Partner Manager, West Africa will
- Report to the Regional Sales Manager who is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Be located in Ghana and cover the West African region
- Over time, build a team to work with to manage the Channel Partners.
- have flexible working hours, including occasional evening and weekend working.
travel to other Hach offices across the region, as well as occasional travel overseas. These will require overnight stays away from home.
Professional Qualifications, experience, and attributes
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and background to perform effectively in the role:
- BA or BSc degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biology, Environment Sciences, or equivalent experience. Bachelor/Master in Business Management/Engineering/Chemistry is suitable (with relevant experience in the water sector)
- Over 5 years channel management experience in multi-national B2B business
- Over 3 years’ experience as in industrial sales.
- Good level of strategic, communication, diplomatic,
- Ability to handle pressure
- Have commercial acumen
- Integrity is mandatory
- Knowing the market and water products is a plus
- Budgeting knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Project management
- Benchmarking & evaluation
- Financial management
- Performance management
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Business acumen– knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the market place
- Strategic agility – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Perspective – Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Technical learning – Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
- Problem solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is excellent at honest feedback; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Interpersonal skills – Is self-aware, and has ability to relate with people across all levels of seniority as appropriate, to ensure achievement of personal targets
- Energy and drive – Has speed and agility: taking quick and timely action; seizes more opportunities than others, pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain